Tuesday

Sconces for an English House


























While we are in the framing stage of building the 2009 Southern Accents magazine Showhouse, we are working on all of the details: door hardware, lighting, beams, kitchen design, tile selections, plumbing fixtures, etc.

One of my favorite building products to find is lighting.  As I've discussed in a previous post, lighting is not an easy selection to make.  At least, the correct lighting is not easy.  If you are going to build or remodel a house in a particular style, the lighting is one component that should match the design of the house.  Careful attention to the correct style can make the design of your house cohesive and beautiful.

The pictures I have included today are of interior and exterior sconces that I am considering using for the 2009 Southern Accents magazine Showhouse.  As I noted in the post on Spanish Colonial lighting, some of these could be used for Spanish Colonial houses but most of these today are exact reproductions of sconces that came out of English styled houses from the 1920's and 1930's.  I hope you enjoy seeing these and if you would like more information on buying any of these please send me an email for pricing, sizing, etc.

No comments: